SNAPSHOT OF VICTORIA'S CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK:
* 950 new locally acquired cases
* Seven deaths: Two women in their 80s, a man in his 80s, a woman in her 70s, a woman in her 50s, all from the local government area of Hume, as well as a woman in her 90s and a woman in her 80s from Whittlesea.
* Death toll from the current outbreak: 36
* Total active cases: 9890
* Of the latest cases in metropolitan Melbourne:
- Almost half located in northern council areas, including 240 in Hume, 102 in Whittlesea, 63 in Moreland and 28 in Darebin.
- In west: 63 in Brimbank, 55 cases in Melton, 54 in Wyndham, 29 in Moonee Valley and 22 in Maribyrnong.
- In southeast: 50 cases in Casey, 18 in Port Phillip, 16 in Greater Dandenong, 14 in Cardinia and 10 in Stonnington.
- In east: 15 cases in Manningham, 6 in Boroondara.
- 31 new cases in Melbourne City Council.
* 30 cases in regional Victoria:
- 9 in Mitchell Shire
- 4 in Latrobe
- 4 in Warrnambool
- 2 in Moorabool
- 2 in Wellington
- 2 in Greater Geelong
- 1 in Strathbogie
- 1 in Surf Coast
- 1 in Ballarat
- 1 in Murrindindi
- 1 in Corangamite
- 1 in Baw Baw Shire
- 1 in South Gippsland
* 371 people in hospital - four less than Tuesday - of which 81 are in intensive care including 55 on a ventilator
* more than 27,000 active primary close contacts in isolation in Victoria
* 61,322 COVID-19 test results received to Wednesday morning
* 34,028 COVID-19 vaccine doses on Tuesday at state-run hubs,
* 79 per cent of Victorians aged 16 and over have had at least one dose and 48 per cent are fully vaccinated
* More than 580, including VicRoads' Bundoora Call Centre, supermarkets in Daylesford, Ballan and Traralgon.
Full list of exposure sites available at https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/case-alerts-public-exposure-sites
Australian Associated Press